FAQ for foreign students

1. Until when does the recruitment process of foreigners last?

The following recruitment process at WSB Merito University in Wroclaw for 2024/2025enrolmentlastsuntilOctober 16, 2024.

2. At what times and where is the service for foreigners?

Please, contact the dedicated Admission office at our University. Fabryczna 29-31, building A, room 102, 53-609 Wroclaw. You can find the current open days and hoursat https://www.merito.pl/english/wroclaw/contact

Contact by phone and email:

  • studies in the Polish language:

tel.: 71 376 23 68, +48 660 506 805

e-mail: study@wroclaw.merito.pl

  • studies in the English language:

tel.: +48 666 345 187 (for English)

e-mail: studyinenglish@wroclaw.merito.pl

3.Apostille/ Legalization

Our University requires an apostille or legalized certificate or diploma to form the basis for admission to studies. It isa confirmation that the given document comes from a competent office and is authentic.

Apostille/ Legalization does not apply only to certificates/diplomas issued in Poland.

Who needs an apostille?

The candidates for studies in our University who have foreign certificates/diplomas that were issued in countries that are parties to the Hague Convention 


Where to get an apostille?

At the Ministry of Education in the country where the certificate/diploma was issued. Information aboutUkraine:  https://apostille.in.ua/ua/pro-apostyl


Who needs legalization?

Candidates with foreign certificates/diplomas that were issued in countries that are not parties to the Hague Convention and cannot obtain apostilles.


Where to get legalization?

You can legalize foreign documents at the Consulate Department of the Embassy of the RP in your country.

Embassies of the Republic of Poland around the world: https://www.gov.pl/web/dyplomacja/polskie-przedstawicielstwa-na-swiecie


Attention! For legalization, super legalization is required, usually from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in a given country or another local office that will certify the documents. Remember that the consulate will refuse to legalize documents that do not contain super legalization (i.e. authentication by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs)

4. Is a language proficiency certificate required?

Foreigners who match one of the following conditions may apply to studies in Polish:

  1. Complete a one-year preparatory course to study in Polish in unites designated by the Ministry of Education and Scientists, or 
  2. Submit a certificate of knowledge of the Polish language issued by the State Commission for the Certification of Proficiency in Polish as a foreign language, or
  3. Submit other documents confirming the knowledge of the Polish language, e.g. a secondary school diploma in which Polish was the language of instruction, a diploma of graduation with Polish as the language of instruction, a diploma in Polish philology, or
  4. Submit a declaration of knowledge of the Polish language at a level that allows to start studies in Polish at WBS University (B1 level).

Attention. There are additional recruitment requirements in the field of language knowledge for candidates forphilology (bachelor's and master's degree) and for programs in English.

Remember that during studies in Polish, classes are conducted at level B1, studies in English at the bachelor's degree at level B1, and studies in English at the master's degree at level B2. However, to study Philology, the Polish language is required at level B1, and the foreign language you will learn from the beginning is A1, and in the case of Continuing Philology B1, and at the master's degree C1.

5. Is a translation required?

If your documents are in languages other than English, Polish, Ukrainian or Russian, they must be translated into Polish or English by a sworn translator or other entity competent to prepare or certify translations.


The list of sworn translators is available on the website of the Ministry of Justice. If we require a translation from you, you will receive it in the list of documents to be delivered. 

6. What documents are required to enter studies and obtain a visa admission certificate?

When signing up for studies at https://www.merito.pl/rekrutacja/krok1you will receive from us all information.

List of documents:

  1. secondary school leaving certificate with a supplement (for the bachelor’s/engineering degree studies) legalized or with an apostille (see point 3)
  2. a diploma with a supplement (for the master's degree studies) legalized or with an apostille (see point 3) 
  3. a translation of the certificate/diploma along with the supplement (see point 5)
  4.  some certificates will require recognition by the decision of the Education Superintendent, about which you will be informed by the Admission Office https://www.kuratorium.wroclaw.pl/category/zalatwianie-spraw/uznawanie-…(if you need help in completing the application, contact the Admission Office for Foreigners) 
  5. some diplomas will require the opinion of the National Agency for Academic Exchange (NAWA), which you will be informed about by the Admission Officehttps://nawa.gov.pl/uznawalnosc/wydawanie-informacji-o-zagranicznych-dy…(if you need help completing the application, contact the Admission Office for Foreigners) 
  6. confirmation of the knowledge of the language in which the classes will be conducted; you can present relevant certificates or submit the statement you will receive from us
  7. 1 colour photo in accordance with the requirements for photos for the passport 
  8. the first page of the passport with the passport number visible for inspection 
  9. in the case of minors: a written declaration of the parent or legal guardian of consent to study and sign the Agreement on the provision of educational services 
  10. additional requirements resulting from the recruitment rules for individual fields of study or specialization 
  11. application for recognition of learning outcomes (for master's studies) - for Candidates who want to continue their studies in a different field of study (not related to the completed field of study), about which you will be informed by the Admission Office if required 
  12. for Candidates who have an attorney residing in Poland or another OECD country - Instruction - address or an attorney for service 


Details in the recruitment rules.


What's next?

After providing the Admissions Office with all the required documents in electronic form, wait for confirmation. If the documents are confirmed, you can sign an agreement with the university electronically. Remember that after the submission of a complete set of documents and the signing of the contract by both sides, the final stepis to receive the admission decision that we will send you or upload to your recruitment account. Only after the obtainment of the decision will Admissions Office send you the certificate of admission, with which you can apply for a student visa. The original documents must reach the University by October 16th (i.e. the end of enrolment). The university does not provide support in the visa process or accommodation. 



Can my brother / sister bring the originals for me and collect the certificate? 
Original documents can be delivered by someone else, they can also be sent by post, courier, or to a parcel locker at our address: WSB Merito University in Wroclaw, Fabryczna 29-31 street, 53-609, Wroclaw with a note Admissions Office, building A room 102; You can send the documents to the parcel locker number WRO109M (phone number for sending the parcel: 532 541 134).


 If you want someone to collect the certificate on your behalf, they must have your power of attorney, send it to us by e-mail, from the e-mail address from which you signed up for studies, along with your data: name and surname, and passport data, series and number, as well as the same data of the person who has your power of attorney. Remember that the person who will have such rights must show us his / her identity document (passport) and sign the confirmation of your certificate collection.

7. Does the university have its dormitories?

No. But you can find information about accommodation under this link: https://www.merito.pl/english/wroclaw/admissions/accommodation

8. What do I have to do to get my Admission Certificate?

Fulfill the recruitment requirements in accordance with the applicable rules, submit a complete set of documents required in the recruitment process, sign an agreement with the university, and confirm receipt of the acceptance decision sent or uploaded to the account.

9. When will I get my student ID?

The ID cards will be issued at the dean's office no earlier than October 1. Please bring an ID with a photo (e.g. your passport) to collect your student ID.


If you submit a set of documents only at the end of the recruitment, we will need some time to prepare your ID. We ask for your understanding.

10. To which account do I have to pay the adaptation fee?

After creating your candidate account, you will be able to pay the adaptation fee online by clicking on the button “pay”.

11. What is an adaptation fee? What is adaptation?

See § 6 points 5 of the fee regulations that you received after registration, either by e-mail, oruploaded on the recruitment account. 

12. What account do I have to pay the tuition fees to?

Each student is given a personal bank account number to which they should pay tuition fees. You will see them on the extranet, which you will get access to before the semester begins. Remember! The deadline to payfor the ID card and the first installment of the tuition fee is September 30.

13. Does education have discounts for refugees from Ukraine?

No. The rules of payment and promotion for foreigners are described in § 5 of the fee regulations and § 8 of the promotion regulations that you received after registration, either by e-mail or uploaded on the recruitment account. 

14. Does the university offer scholarships?
15. How much do studies cost?

Information on tuition fees can be found on our website in the regulation files: https://www.merito.pl/wroclaw/studia-i-szkolenia/studia-i-stopnia/zasad…

By enrolling in studies, you will also receive detailed information about your fees in the contract. 

16. Are there any Polish language courses?

We invite you to take advantage of the free course at: 

EN: https://www.merito.pl/english/wroclaw/free-polish-language-course

17. Are there entrance exams?

 No, but we have specific recruitment rules for individual studies that must be met. Details can be foundin the recruitment rules: PL, EN.

18. Is there a Polish language exam?

No, but see point 4.

19. Can I choose two foreign languages?

As a rule, you can study one foreign language: English or German. But:

1) During first-cycle studies

  • you can choose two languages in the following fields: Tourism and Recreation - compulsory English, and a choice of German or Spanish
  • Philology - a compulsory language depending on the type of specialization chosen; the second language - to choose from Spanish, German or English Full-time language classes are held in the form of language courses and in the form of an online course on the Moodle platform.

2) In the second-cycle studies in the full-time and part-time form, you study only one language of your choice in the form of an online course on the Moodle platform. You have a choice of English or German for a specific field of study.

  • Philology - compulsory language depending on the type of specialization selected, second language - to choose from Spanish, German or English
20. Does the university provide insurance for foreigners?

Health insurance or insurer’s confirmation of coverage of treatment costs is required not only when entering and applying for a temporary residence permit, but also during your entire stay in Poland. 


If you do not have the citizenship of an EU / EFTA Member State or legal law residing in a territory other than Poland or EU / EFTA countries, you are not subject to compulsory health insurance in the territory of the Republic of Poland or another EU / EFTA Member State (e.g. compulsory insurance for an employed person, the right to report as a family member of the insured person, etc.), then you insure yourself voluntarily and independently, e.g. in the National Health Fund (NFZ). Before that, download a certificate of student status from the dean's office.


Where to insure? 

DOW NFZ Insurance Service Center in Wrocław

Information under the link: https://www.nfz.gov.pl/dla-pacjenta/ubezpieczenia-w-nfz/jak-sie-ubezpie…


Remember! The lack of insurance may result in the withdrawal of the temporary residence permit. On the other hand, not leaving Poland, despite the withdrawal of the temporary residence permit, may be associated with a re-entry ban for at least 6 months. 

Detailed information on health insurance for admitted students can be found in the Extranet in the "Dean's Office → Health Insurance" tab. There is a possibility of accident insurance. Information on this can be found in the extranet in the "Dean's Office → Accident Insurance" tab. If you are interested in health insurance through the university, report to the Human Resources and Payroll Department, which works from Monday to Friday from 7: 00-15: 00, tel. +48 71 356 16 29.

21. Does the university help with finding accommodation?

See point 7.

22. Can I transfer my documents from a Ukrainian university?

Yes, in accordance with the adopted procedure describedat:  https://www.merito.pl/wroclaw/studia-i-szkolenia/przeniesienie-z-innej-…

23. Are there age limits?


24. Will I get a document that confirms my tuition fee payment?

You are not required to pay tuition fees at the recruitment stage. You need to pay the first installment by September 30, following the payment regulations and your contract. If you pay the adaptation fee, you will have confirmation of the bank transfer. 


If you need to confirm the payment of tuition fees for the visa process, please send us this request together with your passport details (full name, passport series and number) and a scan of the bank transfer confirmation to the following address: dofs@wroclaw.merito.pl .


Remember! Send us your request using the e-mail address you provided during your recruitment process. Certificates of payment are issued only to candidates who submitted a complete set of required documents in the recruitment process, confirmed the receipt of the admission decision, and are entered on the list of students. The Student Financial Service Department needs some time to verify your details and the payments made, then it will prepare a certificate confirming the payment of the tuition fee, which is needed when applying for the visa.It will besent to you by e-mail.

25. Will I get a visa certificate if the University provide accommodation?

No, see point 7.

26. Are the originals necessary?

Yes, you have to deliver them for inspection by the end of the recruitment, which is on October 16, to our Admission Office for Foreigners and the English Language Studies, building A, room 102. If you have trouble delivering your original documents, please report it to us urgently for extension of the deadline.

27. Can an apostille be made in Poland?

No,see point 3 

28. Can I study two courses?

It depends on the form of your studies; you can combine full-time studies with part-time studies. 

29. How long does it take for the certificate to be issued?

Max. up to 7 days, provided that you submit a complete set of documents.

30. I do not have access to the extranet.

You will receive it after meeting the conditions resulting from the recruitment rules, submitting a complete set of documents, signing the contract, receiving the admission decision, and entering the student list. Your login details will be sent to your email addressfrom the second half of September. If you are admitted at the end of the recruitment, we will need some time to provide you with access to the Extranet. We ask for your understanding.

31. When will I get access to the Extranet?

Each new student will have access to the Extranet in the second half of September.

After receiving the email with your login details, wait 24 hours and try to log into the Extranet. If you are a graduate of the bachelor's degree studies at WSB Merito University in Wrocław and continue your studies at the master's degree studies, your album number and the method of logging into the Extranet will not change. 

32. Where can I find information for new students (first lesson, schedule, Extranet, student card, payments, insurance, invoice, group enrollment, Dean's offices, internships)?
33. How to get to WSB Merito University in Wrocław?

You can reach us by MPK (by bus and by tram) and PKP (by train).

Plan your journey to the university by public transport from anywhere by usingthe website: https://jakdojade.pl/wroclaw

If you plan to commute by train, there are two railway stations closest to our University - WrocławMikołajów (approx. 20 minutes on foot) and WrocławMuchobór (approx. 10 minutes on foot).


If you did not find an answer to your question, contact us depending on the language of your studies of choice:

We will try to answer your question as soon as possible.