Why choose this course?
My name is Joanna Oleśków-Szłapla, I am working at Poznań University of Technology and WSB University in Poznań. My course will be about self-organization and project management. In my course, you will find information how to manage time, space, and work - and what kind of tools you can apply for managing your projects - in everyday life and in your business reality.
"Managing yourself is hellishly difficult, especially when from a young age others don't teach you that lesson by bailing you out of decisions or organising your time. "
Self-organization. Course description:
Self-organization refers to the process by which individuals organize their communal behaviour to create global order by interactions amongst themselves rather than through external intervention or instruction. An organized personality is a person who is naturally neat, punctual and detailed. Their habits and behaviours in life and at work are ordered, planned and efficient. Self-organization at work occurs when individuals demonstrate their ability to initiate and organize their work.
- Self-organization in the workplace
- Benefits of self-organizing teams
- Self-management strategies
- Benefits of self-management skills
- Self-organization work
- Self-organization in project management
- Self-organization in human values
- Self-organized team in an agile environment
Learning outcomes. Completing the course allows students to:
Project Management. Course description:
The contemporary organizational environment requires the ability to cooperate in project implementation. The character of such projects can be local (inside the organization) or even transnational (between organizations, including ones headquartered in different places in the world). There exist some generally accepted standards for project work. The course will allow you to learn them from both the theoretical and practical standpoint. This means that you will take part in simulated work of a project team according to a specific methodology and using a virtual environment.
- Project management objectives, methods and tools
- Project management life cycle
- Project management: planning and control techniques
- Hybrid Project Management: the next step for agile
- Performance measurement in project management
- Emerging project management trends
- Project management software