About WSB Merito Universities

Are the WSB Universities accredited and recognized in Poland and across the European Union?

WSB Merito Universities are recognized in Poland as well as in all other EU member states. Our degrees are awarded under the laws of the European Union and in compliance with relevant regulations of Poland’s Ministry of Higher Education and Science. All of the WSB Universities are state-accredited and have degree awarding powers for all of its higher education programs: Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral (PhD in Economics).
In addition, some of our degree programs have been accredited by international institutions, e.g.: 


WSB Merito University in Poznan

  • IACBE accreditation for the degree programs in: 
  1. Finance and Accounting 
  2. Management
  • the Bachelor’s degree program in Finance and Accounting, with the Corporate Finance and Taxes major, accredited by ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) – the global professional accounting body offering the Chartered Certified Accountant qualification
  • the Executive MBA Program accredited by the Association of MBAs

WSB Merito University in Gdansk

  • IACBE accreditation for the Bachelor’s degree program in Tourism and Recreation 
Will my WSB Merito University degree be recognized in Turkey?

The WSB Merito Universities recived corfirmation from YOK for recognition and equivalence throughout Turkey. 

WSB Merito University degrees are recognized in all European Union member states and by those Turkish higher education institutions that partner with the WSB Merito Universities under Erasmus+. This is clearly indicative of the quality of our degrees. 


Does WSB Merito University require a specific GPA for admission?

The WSB Merito Universities do not require a GPA for admission. Admission is based on just two criteria: 1) secondary education proven by a relevant certificate that makes the holder eligible for higher education in the country of origin, 2) proficiency in English at a CEFR B2 level or higher (applies to individuals signing up for programs taught in English).

A GPA may, however, be required for admission into some EU-funded programs or programs associated with scholarships.


What level of English is required for admission? What certificates are accepted as a proof of English skills?

To make you eligible for admission into a WSB Merito University degree program, your English skills must be at a CEFR B2 level.

If you do not have a certificate of secondary education in the English language or a globally recognized language qualification, the WSB University will assess your proficiency by giving you a written test and conducting a Skype interview. 

Do I need to speak Polish to live and work in Poland?

Although you don’t have to be proficient in the language, some basic Polish will certainly help you enjoy your study experience and will make your life easier. As an international student, you will be able to attend a Polish language course. 

In the workplace, Polish will be an asset, but there are many international organizations, too, at each WSB location that will gladly hire non-Polish university graduates who cannot speak any Polish. 

Study organization

What happens if I fail a course?

The WSB Academic Rules and Regulations entitle you to two attempts at passing each course. If neither of the two attempts is successful, you may apply to the Dean for individual arrangements. There may be an extra payment on re-taking a course over the two standard attempts.

Do I need to write a dissertation in order to get a degree?

At the conclusion of a Bachelor’s or Engineer’s program students form groups to jointly develop a degree project that is subsequently defended during the final degree examination. Master’s degree programs are concluded with a degree thesis that is developed and defended individually.

Every student working on a degree project or thesis has an academic advisor to guide and supervise their efforts. To this end, the curriculum includes seminars led by thesis advisors that are scheduled in the final year of each degree program. 

Students are informed of the credit requirements and assessment criteria directly by the teachers or they may look these up in the Extranet. 

Life in Poland

How can I renew my visa when it expires?

Visas have to be renewed each year and you should make sure that your visa does not expire, so your stay in Poland is legal at all times. The easiest way to renew you visa is by visiting a Polish consulate in Turkey while back home on holiday. 

Otherwise, in exceptional cases, your visa may be extended in Poland by contacting the immigration department at your nearest Provincial Office (Urząd Wojewódzki).

What kind of health insurance can I get? How much does it cost and what does it cover?

Detailed information will be provided by our local Admissions Offices. 

Your best choice will be usually to get insurance with the National Health Fund (Narodowy Fundusz Zdrowia) that gives you the same cover as your fellow Polish students have. It costs around 50 Polish zloty monthly (roughly an equivalent of €12) and can be purchased on your arrival in Poland. You should know, however, that seeing some medical specialists (e.g. a dentist or an oculist) involves making an appointment and waiting in a queue. 

Can I stay in Poland after I graduate and search for a job?

Yes, you can stay in Poland for up to 12 months after the completion of your degree program. Your residence is conditional on the expiry date of your student visa. As long as it is still valid, you are allowed to stay in Poland and work full-time. To extend your stay beyond that point, though, you will need a work permit that may be arranged by your employer. 


May I work legally while I study? How many hours?

You can get a job during your university study. The Polish law permits non-Polish students to seek employment and work up to 40 hours weekly, as long as they are full-time students. 

You should be aware, though, that you may find it difficult to work such long hours in your first months at university, as the course workload is rather big. 
Under the laws of Poland, full-time students may work full-time, too, which corresponds to 40 work hours per week. Many students do combine work with study but choose to work part-time, e.g. 20 hours per week, because learning in a foreign language is time-consuming and involves considerable effort. 

Are there jobs available for foreign students in Poland? (How to combine work and study?)

A lot of students combine work and study. Most of them prefer to look for a job on their own, e.g. via Internet advertisements or employment agencies, such as WSB Careers Offices. At the moment, it is fairly easy for students to find part-time jobs, e.g. as assistants in shops and cafés, baby-sitters, etc. 


At any event, in the third year of your Bachelor’s program and/or in the second year of your Master’s program you will do the mandatory work placement that will provide you with work experience related to your field of study. 

The WSB Universities cooperate with major regional employers, and your Careers Office will help you find and select the best work placement for you.