Why study Business English with German at WSB?
- You will level up your English language skills to C1 (CEFR) or beyond.
- You will get an insight into the mechanisms that govern modern businesses and market economies.
- You will get ready for a career in a multicultural and multinational environment.
- You will learn to use a variety of specialized business vocabulary.
- You will be knowledgeable about the culture of English-speaking countries.
- Our focus on practical learning and soft skills that are sought by employers worldwide will put you at an advantageous position in the job market.
- You will be able to become a modern-day linguist and communicator who can work efficiently an international business environment.
Upon completion of your studies you may work e.g. as:
- office manager or executive assistant in multinational corporations
- key account manager
- international project manager
- media/communication consultant
- shared services center professional
- accounting, finance, HR etc. department personnel.
What are you going to learn?
- You will have an excellent command of spoken and written English.
- You will develop your soft skills, such as language skills, communication skills or interpersonal skills.
- You will master a wide range of business vocabulary from such areas as macro- and microeconomics, marketing, sales, management, finance, accounting, law, and tourism.
- You will get a broad overview of the history and culture of English-speaking countries.
- You will have a firm grasp of a number of organizational and corporate issues.
- You will have an understanding of global marketing strategies.
- You will know how to design effective business reports and a variety of other business communications (letters, memos, statements, contracts, leaflets, etc.).
- You will develop a command of a second foreign language.
Key program features
Core and general courses:
- Basic Communication Skills
- Contrastive Polish-English Grammar
- English Language Training: Conversation
- English Language Training: Phonetics
- English Language Training: Practical Grammar
- English Language Training: Press Readings
- English Language Training: Writing
- Foreign Language II
- Fundamentals of Law
- Fundamentals of Management
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- History of English Language and Literature In English
- Intellectual Property Protection
- Intercultural Communication
- Introduction to Culture and History of English-Speaking Countries I
- Introduction to Culture and History of English-Speaking Countries II
- Introduction to Economics
- Introduction to Information Technology And Office Applications
- Introduction to Linguistics
- Introduction to Thesis Writing
- Introduction to Translation
- Labor Market Challenges
- Methodology of Project-Based Learning
- Occupational Health And Safety
- Physical Education
Major (specialization) courses – Business English with German
commencing in year two of the program
- Project Management Simulation Game
- Cross-Cultural Case Studies
- Doing Business in UK and US
- English for Finance
- English for Accounting
- International Financial Reporting Standards
- German Language
- Oral Communication in Business
- Project Management